Literacy to You is a blended professional learning programme to strengthen comprehension in the middle years (ages 8-13) and increase students’ literacy achievement.
During the programme you will:
- develop a deep understanding of the comprehension strategies,
- reflect on your learning,
- participate in online professional learning conversations as you engage with the content and activities, and
- apply your new learning with students in practical classroom activities.
Through this programme you will:
- Increase your theoretical and pedagogical understanding of comprehension strategies
- Implement the metacognitive learning approach to teach comprehension strategies
- Increase your ability to recognise the behaviours that readers exhibit when using each of the strategies.
Your students will:
- Learn to use the comprehension strategies to gain deeper meaning
- Demonstrate the effective use of comprehension strategies