The Literacy to You programme gives participants the flexibility to engage in professional development at their own pace and in their own time. A range of support materials is provided to ensure participants experience a multifaceted approach to the teaching of comprehension strategies.
Literacy to You will improve teacher practice through:
- evidence-based approaches to engagement
- explicit teaching of strategies
- the use of digital reading materials across a range of subject areas.
- increase their knowledge of literacy pedagogy
- apply the new knowledge and skills to enhance their classroom teaching practice
- share and reflect on the challenges and successes of this new learning with other participants.
The Literacy to You facilitators will:
- provide online support and individual feedback for the duration of the course
- support teachers to develop the theoretical understandings and practical skills and strategies.